Purpose: To develop an effective program of spiritual education for the church in keeping with the general objectives of Christian education as suggested by the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The team plans and administers the education program of the church including Sunday school, youth activities, mid-week programs, leadership education and distribution of Christian literature. The team coordinates with other groups in planning educational programs.
Opportunities: Volunteers to lead classes, Bible studies, book studies, Vacation Bible School, assist with children’s program during the Contemporary Service, become storytellers or greeters for Children’s Worship and Wonder (CWW), and to serve on the Christian Education team.
- Curates Sunday School Curriculum for Adults and Children. Click here to learn more!
- Sponsors church-wide breakfast for Promotion Sunday
- Sponsors Supper Plus during Advent and Lent
- Sponsors church-wide Advent Breakfast
- Children’s Christmas Eve 5pm service
- Easter Egg Hunt and church cookout near Palm Sunday
- Vacation Bible School one week in the summer
- Sponsors Youth Group for school aged children
- Special programming for children as needed
- Provide Safe Church Training for members and non-members who work with children and youth