Welcome to FCC
First Christian Church is a community of faith centered around the presence of God as God is changing lives and invites and cares for all people with the love of Jesus Christ.
Our Core Values
As a congregation and as individuals we are being led by God to be accepting and inviting of all people, loving and caring of relationships, and helping persons to develop a personal relationship with Christ.
- Do you want to know more about us?
- Where do you find us?
- What is our normal Sunday schedule?
- What should I wear?
We Disciples do not have an official doctrinal statement we can refer to when someone asks,”What does the Christian Church believe?” However, we do have some characteristics and beliefs that Disciples churches hold. They are as follows:
- Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.
- Sin separates us from God and from one another.
- Jesus Christ enables us to overcome sin.
- In the power of the Holy Sprit.
- The Bible speaks God’s truth.
- God’s people are called to live together in a community of faith called the church. The church is not a place, but people.
- In baptism by immersion at an age of understanding. However, we recognize the other forms of baptism as valid.
- The Lord’s Supper is the central experience of worship.
- In freedom and diversity in Christian thought and interpretation.
- That which unites Christians (Jesus Christ) should be greater than that which divides them.
2035 Oleander Drive
Wilmington, NC 28403
Sunday Morning Schedule
8:45 Contemporary (Turning Point) in the Fellowship Hall
11:00 Traditional Worship in the sanctuary
Check our Worship Page for more information.
Sunday School and Children’s Church Schedule
9:45 Sunday School for All Ages
Check out our Faith Enrichment page for more information about Sunday School.
The 8:45 am Contemporary Service tends to be more casual and folks dress accordingly, whereas the 11:00 am Traditional Service is a bit more formal in tone and dress. But we want to welcome you as our guest no matter your preference. Whether you prefer to wear shorts and flip flops or a suit and tie or heels with a dress, we welcome you into God’s house for worship and fellowship at both services and at all fellowship events in whatever attire you feel comfortable.
Top of Page