What We Believe
We Disciples do not have an official doctrinal statement that we can refer to when someone asks: “What does the Christian Church believe?” However we do have some characteristics and beliefs that Disciples churches hold. They are:
- Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.
- Sin separates us from God and from one another.
- Jesus Christ enables us to overcome sin.
- In the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible speaks God’s truth.
- God’s people are called to live together in a community of faith called the church. The church is not a place, but people.
- In baptism by immersion at an age of understanding. However, we recognize other forms of baptism as valid.
- The Lord’s Supper is the central experience of worship.
- In freedom and diversity in Christian thought and interpretation.
- That which unites Christians (Jesus Christ) should be greater than that which divides them.
Become a Member
Whether by confession of faith and baptism, by transfer from another church, or by statement of faith, we encourage anyone desiring membership to first attend our Discovery class.
Our Discovery class is an opportunity to build some relationships, discuss what it means to be a member of a church, share a little about our faith journeys, and discuss congregational life.