Youth Ministry & Fellowship
Purpose: To plan and coordinate all youth programs and to administer funds allocated to the youth programs. The desire of First Christian’s ministry with youth is to connect their life and their faith. Youth Grades 6-12 have opportunities to experience God, explore their faith and develop life-long friendships as they meet in worship and in service together. Youth are provided with a safe and caring environment to engage in relevant Bible study, reflect on current issues, serve in local mission, and experience worship. The youth also participate in summer camps, seasonal retreats, and sometimes travel on a summer mission trip.
Opportunities: Parents committed to help, and youth sponsors to guide the youth.
- Chi Rho Sunday School at 9:45 in Room 17
- CYF Sunday School at 9:45 in Room 14
- Chi Rho – Youth group for middle school (grades 6-8). Monthly Sunday evening fellowship
- CYF (Christian Youth Fellowship) – Youth group for high school (grades 9-12). Meets one Sunday each month from 5pm to 7pm (September to May) for fellowship, study, mission, and worship. Dinner is provided.
- Hosting and providing dinner to the Wilmington Interfaith Hospitality Network guests
- Spring Fling dinner for seniors and single adults
- Youth Sunday church service
- Youth local summer mission during the week of VBS (Vacation Bible School)
- Luncheon for graduating seniors
- Summer camps and seasonal retreats at Camp Caroline and Christmount
- Helping with Fall Festival at our church with Alderman Elementary School PTA
- Caroling to homebound members of our congregation
- Helping prepare the Guardian Ad Litem Thanksgiving baskets