Ages 2 and Under
All children 2 and under are invited to our Nursery during both services and for Sunday School.
Two year olds in the Nursery will be using the Deep Blue curriculum designed just for them! Deep Blue is a new awe-inspiring resource for children that includes adventure, exciting stories, science experiments, arts and crafts, animated video storytelling, and active games—all combined into a living-faith experience that will help children discover what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ today!
Children ages 3 through 5th grade are invited to Children’s Worship and Wonder (see below for more information about this program).
Held in Room 2 at 9:45am (located across from the nursery)
Three and Four year olds are invited to the nursery during our Traditional worship service.
Children’s Worship and Wonder
Held during the 8:45am Turning Point worship service.
Children Worship & Wonder (CWW) is a Montessori-influenced faith formation program that offers a chance for your child to hear Bible stories and form responses to the stories that reflect their own life experiences. CWW is worship centered with storytelling, ritual, and fellowship that is used to deepen your child’s relationship with God.
A typical day looks something like this:
- The children come into a special worship space, to a storyteller waiting to greet them. They sit in a circle, surrounded by bible stories made just for them, with all materials at their height.
- The storyteller leads the children in a time of singing and praise. This coming together of the children follows the first order of worship which is the gathering of God’s people.
- Next they will hear one of God’s stories in a storytelling format told with multi-sensory materials that children of different ages, and with different learning styles can enter into and enjoy.
- As the story is finished the children are invited to share in a time of wonder about the story. They are asked “wondering questions” to help them dive deeper into the meaning of the story and to listen for God’s still voice that is found there.
- These wondering questions ask the children how they are part of the story and how they are a part of the bigger Christian story. They begin to see that the stories in the Bible are their stories too.
- Just as in “big” worship the children will respond to God’s story. The children have the chance to respond to the Word in a myriad of ways as well. Some of these ways include using the story materials to tell the story they just heard, a story they heard on a previous Sunday and their own story.
- As they leave the worship center, the children will participate in the last order of worship which is the sending out of God’s people into the world. Each child will be given a special blessing by the storyteller as they leave to be God’s disciples in their homes, schools, and activities.
Held in Room 15. During Sunday School the children will be using the Deep Blue curriculum, a new awe-inspiring resource for children that includes adventure, exciting stories, science experiments, arts and crafts, animated video storytelling, and active games—all combined into a living-faith experience that will help children discover what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ today!
5th-12th Grade Chi Rho and CYF
Applying scripture to your 6-8th grader’s life in relative meanings. They work together on service projects that are near and dear to their hearts. Chi Rho is a place where they can be themselves, discern their gifts, and be empowered to be effective leaders and servants as called by God to be the body of Christ in the world.
Christian Youth Fellowship (CYF)
CYF is intended for your high schooler (grades nine through 12). The Mission of CYF is to respond to the needs of all youth for close and meaningful relationships, events where lifelong friendships are formed, and opportunities where they can be themselves without worry of ridicule, and be empowered to be effective leaders for tomorrow.
Youth meet in Room 14 and discover what it means to be a Disciple while learning how to be better Christian citizens at home, school, and in their community though Bible Studies, outside speakers, and service projects.
Other Youth Programs
Explore the Bible and how it crosses all cultures in a very hands-on, visual and kinesthetic experience.
- T Shirt Sales (coming soon!)
- Bake Sale